HEAD COACH, SACIR HOT
TECHNICAL DIRECTOR, Phil Swenda
Red Bulls Academy Head Coach U14
Phil Swenda joined FC Motown in 2016 as its technical director focusing on training sessions, game tactics, player development and club development. He is currently the U14 Head Coach of the nationally renowned Red Bulls Academy. He has compiled a record of 68-12-3 during his last four seasons with the Red Bulls. A native of Dowingtown, Pennsylvania, Phil played at the collegiate level graduating from Seton Hall in 2003. He was a 2002 CollegeSoccerNew All-American selection. He was a three-time All-Big East selection after leading the Pirates to two NCAA tournament appearances. He was drafted 26th overall by the Chicago Fire in the 2003 MLS SuperDraft. Swenda played professionally for Harlow Town FC in England and Hutnik Krakow in Poland.
Proud Partners of FC Motown
• Captained for the U-14 thru U-18 New York Red Bulls academy teams.
• Boston College (University) 45 caps (games).
USA National Team Experience 2011-2013
• (8) caps (games) U-18 U.S. National Team.
• 2010 Milk Cup Champions with the U.S. U-20 Men's National Team with a 3-0 win over Northern Ireland in Ballymena, Northern Ireland.
• (6) caps (games) with the USA U-20 National Team.
• USA U-20 team that went to Guatemala for U-20 FIFA World Cup Qualifying.
• Called into the U-21 Montenegro national team but could not attend due to club obligations.
Pro Experience 2011-2014
• New York Red Bulls playing alongside Thierry Henry and Rafael Marquez. Made (5) appearances with the first team.
• Played for the Adidas Generation team that took MLS rookies to Holland to play against Ajax.
• Signed with KSV Hessen Kassel in Germany, 2013.
• Borussia Mönchengladbach contract offer for U-23.
• Borussia Dortmund 10 day trial.